The Giving Challenge is an opportunity for Chapters to raise money for their project as well as gain valuable skills in fundraising. Online fundraising is a staple of non-profits and social entrepreneurs today, as seen in the emergence of online fundraising and awareness raising platforms like Crowdrise, Razoo, Global Giving, and Kickstarter. Additionally, the Giving Challenge is an opportunity to spread awareness about your Project in your communities, both on and off campus.
Nourish’s eighth annual Giving Challenge will be held in early Spring 2016. Dates, updated rules, and additional information are available below.
The 2015 Giving Challenge brought in OVER $77,000 from 1,087 donors in 15 countries! All of that amazing support in just 3 weeks. That's the power of the Nourish movement!
1. Read the Rules
2. Each Nourish project can have its own page on Crowdrise.com. The Chapter(s) planning the project will need to submit the page content to NINO, and NINO will create the actual page. Read this document to learn what to submit and how to make your content strong.
*Chapters that are not doing a Project in Summer 2015 can still have a Crowdrise page and raise money for their Chapter through the Giving Challenge. Any Chapters not doing a Project that would like to participate will need to submit 3-5 sentences describing highlights from your Chapter for the year and a monetary goal for the Giving Challenge to your Program Associate. Please attach pictures and video links that you want to include in your page to this email and follow the size specifications listed in the Rules, above.
3. The 2016 Giving Challenge Packet includes lots of advice on strategy, how to make your plan, and how to motivate your Chapter Members to participate. It's designed to help you figure out your approach to the Giving Challenge and learn from what has worked across the Nourish Network. Learn more about how to plan for the Giving Challenge and view a sample calendar in Workplanning the Giving Challenge.
4. Templates galore!
- Give your donors a donation slip with Nourish's tax ID number using the Template Donation Receipt.
- Use the Template Email or Letter when reaching out to donors.
- Use the Professor Letter Template when reaching out to professors.
- Adapt the Template Quarter Sheet Flyer to pass out on campus, to professors, dorms, apartment buildings, etc.
- Use the the Email Template for Past Donors when sending emails to people who have supported your Chapter in years past
5. Make changes to your Chapter's page, add individual Chapter member pages, check out your donors or solve problems!